Cheapest stockbroker to manage share acc

Gunnerbar

Hi all,

as title suggests, I have to switch my share account with Danske by next week and was just wondering which would be the cheapest stockbroker to manage the few stocks I own
(their annual and monthly charges and the cost of dealing in shares) - all the stocks are Irish.

Thanks in advance.

ps i could default to Davy Stockbrokers who have very low charges but only for first year. Can imagine their charges would be quite pricey and then I'd be left in the same situation as now.

Davy's fees are quarterly management fees of E20+VAT and 0.5% charge for purcahses or sales (minimum fee of E15 per transaction).

Thanks for that,

Does that represent good value in comparison to other brokers though?

80 euros a year always seems a bit exessive especially when I'm babysitting among others BOI shares.

80 euros a year always seems a bit exessive especially when I'm babysitting among others BOI shares.

When it comes down to Investments and a support service, you get what you pay for. Personally I use Cantors and in reality their service is OK.

However there are enough articles that are continually placed on Twitter, which clearly states how the market has changed and rip off services of brokers are fast dwindling away.

If anybody thinks that a broker can reduce losses you're dreaming. The market is the market and that's it. Get real please. Your equities do not need to be spoon fed. I'm in the process of changing my equities and management of same.

All information required to buy and sell equities is available on the Web. If you feel better at paying a firm of chancers a fee to load you with bull****, so be it, but you have been warned.

Back