Cheapest Retailer for Pre-insualted Pipe?

apple1

Folks,
Just wondering if any posters had any recent experiences of the cheapest place to buy pre-insulated Pipe (flow & return within an insulated pipe for running from boiler to house)?
Thanks, apple1

duo pipe
I've seen it advertised for €45 + vat per meter on a web site.South west based.
Phone around plumbing supplies for quotes usually the cheapest as against
builders providers.

ganleys in athlone used to sell it but we felt it was too price for us as it was going to work out at about 1,000 euros for the amount we needed.
we used a 4 or 6 inch pipe, can't remember which now, drilled holes all through it then ran the pipes inside it and then filled it with some kind of an insulated spray/expanding foam that you can buy in cannisters. works a treat. we were given this suggestion by a neighbour who had already used the duo pipe and he thought of this idea after he had purchased the pipe. you also apparently need to be 100% sure about what length to buy and you also cant return it once you have bought it as it is cut to size and i think it is special order stuff.

Bakerbuoy,

You wouldn't by any chance have the website that you mention please? I am currently trying to source duopipe also.

Thanks!

Thanks Mosstown. How did you manage to keep the flow & return fairly central in the 4/6" ducting?

apple1, just filled up with the expanding foam from each side of the 4/6" ducting. if you make the holes big enough each side of the ducting, you will be able to spray the foam in which will find its way round the pipes then we used a waterproof taping to cover up the holes before it was bedded into the ground.

Back