Changing gabel do you need pp

Pickle

If process of getting final quotes in on converting 3 bed semi hipped roof, there will be issue with head hright dur to it bee hipped when making stairs, has been suggested to build up about another 5 blocks on gabel wall and I think it makes sense,not worrying about head room, do you need pp in gabel size facing neighbours gabel

If the change can be seen from the public road, then yes, probably you do, partifularly if it "unbalances" the look of the semi.

You could talk to the planner yourself and see what they say.

You could ask for a Section 5 Declaration from the Council such that the work is considered exempted, either under section 4 (1) (g) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 or the Exempted Development in the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended.

You need something in writing not just a comment from the planner on something you don't adequately describe over the phone.
You may need a set of drawings to show the proposed work.

My best advice is to retain a building professional to present this for you and make the case on your behalf.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

I agree with ONQ. Retain the services of a professional to advise on planning issues, possible structural issues etc.

Back