Change in block exterior,returnable deposit,10%

Partridge

I bought an apartment off the plans last November and signed contracts a few weeks later with 10% payment of total house price paid also. When buying the apartment i was shown an artists impression of what the exterior of the apartment block would look like and was repeatedly told by the estate agents what the finished apartment would look like.However about a month ago I went to see the apartment and how much progress had been made etc. only to find that the exterior was a completely different colour and design to what i'd been told..it was also horrible looking.

I contacted the estate agent and they told me that the builders had changed design. I did a bit of research and found that the plans of the apartment received by the county council were in fact exactly the same as the monstrosity that had now been built.So essentially i'd been lied to at sale either purposefully or mistakenly.I have contacted estate agent and told them I want out.They said that was fine,that others had pulled out also because of unforseen change to exterior and had no problem in refunding me the money i had already paid.that was afew days ago but most people i've spoken to don't believe that i'll get all of my cash back.I'm presuming the contract had been broken once the changes to the block had been made but i'm still worried about not receiving everything back including deposit.Any thoughts?

Back