Chair that converts into steps anywhere?

PM1234

Would anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (or elsewhere) where a similar chair to this could be bought?

Seems like a great idea for reaching the top of closets etc.

[broken link removed]

you did say "anywhere else".....

I'm nearly sure I saw one in the Honey Pot on Castle street in Sligo. Was a wooden dining chair type chair and it folded over into steps! Though now that I'm thinking about it, it could have been in the Church Street Gallery (on Church Street) - sorry for the confusion, know it was one or the other!!

Thought it was pretty cool myself! Can check out at the weekend, prices etc if you want!

Sloggi

If you get a chance will you check out those details at the week-end. Is the chair you saw similar to the one on the Taylor site?.

Thanks

Justsally

Would anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (or elsewhere) where a similar chair to this could be bought?

Seems like a great idea for reaching the top of closets etc.

[broken link removed]

Got something along those lines about a year ago in (I'm almost certain) Atlantic Homecare in the Royal Liver centre.

I got a lovely one a couple of years ago in the Kilkenny Shop on Nassau street. I don't know if they still stock them.

I think that Garden Works in Malhide have them, although i got mine in the Kilkenny shop also....

Sloggi

If you get a chance will you check out those details at the week-end. Is the chair you saw similar to the one on the Taylor site?.

Thanks

Justsally

cant access that site from this pc but will check it out later and let you know+-

It doesn't look quite as elegant as the one on the Taylorgifts site but you might be interested as it's an Irish site.

[broken link removed]

Did you notice the prices of the two chairs on the links posted here - One is in dollars and the other Euro and the euro one looks to be about 3 times the price !!:eek:

Thank you everyone. I'll check out your suggestions. The Kilkenny shop would be really convenient so will check it out.

Sloggi thanks for the offer of pricing one - if you're around the shop anyway (and anytime) would appreciate if you could price it.

Agree the Taylors one is really nice but I think I'd be happy enough to get one at all - beggars can't be choosers.... I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to get such a response from the post and unfortunately Taylors don't ship!

I think "past times" used to do something like it too, though I couldn't find it on their website. If you're in Dublin 2, you might be able to call to the shop on Wicklow St.

yep, havealaugh, I did notice the difference - eek!!

Hi again,

I've checked Past-Times, Habitat and Avoca. Atlantic Homecare and the Kilkenny shop both told me they stopped stocking them a few years ago. Why?

Didn't want to spend so much but 4giftsdirect seems the only ones stocking it unless anyone has any further suggestions? Thanks!

hi Pm1234

sorry to tell you this but went into the Honey Pot and they were having a closing down sale!!! Good news for some, but unfortunately the chair, whilst still in the shop, had been bought by someone else and, as they are closing down, they said no possibility of getting another one in! In the circumstances, i didn't ask the price - having already snooped for a price tag to no avail!

The chair was more like that on the link posted by gipimann than that originally spotted by you!

Who knows possibly someone from here "overheard" this conversation and hightailed it to the Honey Pot to buy you it as a gift!!!!!

Sorry couldn't have better news!

Ttypical me not reading question. Thought you were on about chair in Hannibal Lecter's Florence gallery scene, of chair that climbs steps. Lovely piece of kit!

I saw one in Woodies in Bray a couple of months ago. It was a lot plainer but the same idea. I remember thinking it was a great idea!

I'll probably be up there over the next few days so I'll have a quick look and get back to you - the staff are usually helpful if you ring up your local store and ask.

That would be great Stresshead and Sloggi thanks for checking out the Honey Pot. Thanks to everyone who has replied to this.

I bought one in atlantic homecare, cork about 8 months ago.

Hey you've probably found this chair/ladder combo at this stage but if anyone else is looking for them then they are still in Woodies Bray (and probably everywhere else) and they cost €49.99!

Back