CG1 form query

Gushering

I'm filling in a cg1 form in respect of the sale of my PPR. It took me a year and 3 months to sell it after I moved out so there is a 3 month portion of the gain i need to declare to revenue while the rest of the gain is exempt. I have the liability itself all worked out but showing the workings in the cg1 form itself is proving tricky. Perhaps people here may be able to help.

In row 5 of the form do i enter the portion of PPR relief I can claim as exempt?

Where do I show the allowable expenses relevant to the sale (eg the original purchase price, solicitors fees, valuation report fees) to reduce down the chargeable gain? There does not seeem to be any row for this. Or is it the case that I just insert the gain made after all costs are deducted in the aggregate consideration section (row 1h of the form)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

In row 5 of the form do i enter the portion of PPR relief I can claim as exempt?

Yes. See post #13 here:

Where do I show the allowable expenses relevant to the sale (eg the original purchase price, solicitors fees, valuation report fees) to reduce down the chargeable gain?

You don't specify the expenses. The chargeable gain is net of all acquisition and disposal costs.

I have the liability itself all worked out

Don't forget about row 15! €1,270 exemption if the property owned in your name or €2,540 if owned with spouse / civil partner.

Don't forget that the last 12 month's of ownership is also counted as PPR

Back