CF 83 query re UK pension

Limerick17

My better half worked for 3 years in the UK and her NI record says she has six years contributions and can top up 16 years according to the HMRC website.
So far, so good. I believe she qualifies for Class 2 as she worked in Ireland immediately on returning home and has worked here since. HMRC is quoting her Class 3 prices to top up.

My query is do I send of the CF 83 with a cover letter stating why she should qualify for Class 2 or send a draft with the CF 83 and letter now?

My better half worked for 3 years in the UK and her NI record says she has six years contributions and can top up 16 years according to the HMRC website.
So far, so good. I believe she qualifies for Class 2 as she worked in Ireland immediately on returning home and has worked here since. HMRC is quoting her Class 3 prices to top up.

My query is do I send of the CF 83 with a cover letter stating why she should qualify for Class 2 or send a draft with the CF 83 and letter now?
I sent just such a letter in April. An post tracker confirms it was delivered, it does not appear in my account on the HMRC website. I cannot get through to them on the phone.

So sorry I have no answer to your question, but that is my experience.

The deadline for paying the contributions is end of July I believe.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 17.07.33.png
This prompted me to look again at their website. it is now saying you have until April 2025

View attachment 7577This prompted me to look again at their website. it is now saying you have until April 2025

My situation is very similar to this.

A month ago I sent a CF83 and included the following:

- Cover letter explaining my situation (dates lived and worked in UK, when left UK, when started work in Ireland)

- Letter from my Irish employer saying that I've been in employment with them since a few days after leaving the UK

- Email showing my flight booking confirming that I left the UK on the date I said I did

Some of this is likely superfluous, but I guessed is no harm.

I posted it from UK (when visiting there last month) and it showed on my HMRC account as being received about 3 weeks later.

The deadline for paying the contributions is end of July I believe.
To follow up on this; the deadline as has been noted is extended to April 2025 to get your application in.

You will make your back dated contributions (if any) once DWP let you know how much that is; from my memory there was a good amount of time to do this, but might as well start saving now.

My situation is very similar to this.

A month ago I sent a CF83 and included the following:

- Cover letter explaining my situation (dates lived and worked in UK, when left UK, when started work in Ireland)

- Letter from my Irish employer saying that I've been in employment with them since a few days after leaving the UK

- Email showing my flight booking confirming that I left the UK on the date I said I did

Some of this is likely superfluous, but I guessed is no harm.

I posted it from UK (when visiting there last month) and it showed on my HMRC account as being received about 3 weeks later.
Did HMRC revert with an amount due?

Not yet. The system says my form was received on 30 May. It's estimating that I'll receive a reply on 12 September (considerably sooner than the January 2024 date it originally projected).

Back