Certificate of Compliance for extension

Bigfoot

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an architect, building surveyor or engineer who could do a certificate of compliance on an extension in the central Dublin area?

Hi Brodiebabe,

Noticed that you have recommended Liffey Architects Can you confirm for the record if you have any connection with this company?

This post also queries the fact that Liffey are not members of the RIAI and if this has any bearing on using them?

Just to note also, I used to work for an Architect and the majority of them (RIAI members anyway) dont like issuing out Certs of Compliance unless they have actually designed or worked on the building in question. Its too much hassle for them as it involves the architect having to get a survey done etc to make sure it satisfys the Certs of Comp conditions.

If they will do it you could be looking at a fee of maybe 800euro.

Thanks, generally they don't want to do it unless they are involved in the construction. My problem was that the house i'm buying has an extension which has no cert. and the vendor was kicking up a fuss about getting one so i was going to see about getting one done myself.
Hopefully problem has been resolved so won't be needing one.
Thanks anyway

AFAIK, They will only give you a cert for what thay can see. You will probably
never get a complete cert.
No-one will issue a cert of compliance for foundations after the fact, or
other areas which are only visible during the construction.

Do you need a cert for the mortgage company, or is it to cover yourself in the event of selling ?

Back