Cert stating I'm still single

Ms X

Hi,

I need to provide an offiical cert / letter of my civil status i.e that I am not married

Where could I get this???

Thanks,

It might depend on why its needed as to whether the cert needs specific information but e.g. a Family Home Declaration stating your marital status could be drawn up by your solicitor.

is it to get married? get solicitor to do sworn affadavit thats what we did when we got married

Have you tried to see if the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages can do a search. If nothing comes up, it means you're not married.

Or your tax return should show you being taxed as a single person. It's about as official as you get.

Tax cert showing you are single doesn't proove anything. Revenue Commissioners only know that you are married if you tell them. Thousands of people never contact Revenue after they get married as they don't feel they have to. 1) Because they are both high earning individuals and it will make no difference to them, 2) Because they don't know they are suppose to.

Maybe you could get a solicitor to draft a letter or help you to swear an affidavit (if applicable and acceptable?) or whatever?

Have you tried to see if the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages can do a search. If nothing comes up, it means you're not married.
No it doesn't. They won't do such a search. Anyways the person could be married abroad and no record would exist here.

Maybe you could get a solicitor to draft a letter or help you to swear an affidavit (if applicable and acceptable?) or whatever?

This seems the most sensible. Sworn affidavit. Any solicitor/commissioner for oaths will draw one up for you. Cost you a tenner.

Back