CE Scheme and retaining welfare

netz

Hi, Ive asked this before and got good information from the reply, but was wondering if anyone knows if the rule on CE scheme and keeping full invalidity pension plus secondary benefits has been changed recently - as most other SW payments have been put on reduced payment when taking up CE employment. Just been offered CE, but as invalidity was so hard to get, I dont want to give it up for a year and fight to have it back when CE is finished. Any advice or links appreciated. I have read the post on welfare.ie but it hasnt been updated in a while so Im unsure if rules have been changed. - Thanks!!

Firstly you must get the written approval from SW before accepting a CE scheme.

As your Invalidity Pension is a non means tested payment you will continue to get the full rate (for the present anyhow) while on CE scheme.

Secondary Benefits:- Household Benefit Package and Free travel remain but Fuel Allowance, Medical Card and Rent Allowance may be affected

Firstly you must get the written approval from SW before accepting a CE scheme.

As your Invalidity Pension is a non means tested payment you will continue to get the full rate (for the present anyhow) while on CE scheme.

Secondary Benefits:- Household Benefit Package and Free travel remain but Fuel Allowance, Medical Card and Rent Allowance may be affected
are you sure medical card may be affected?

Re CE scheme and Invalidity Pension. Apologies I think I may lead you astray.

FÁS Community Employment

A single adult Community Employment allowance is €208 (2011). This is paid even if you have dependants. As this exceeds the €120 rehabilitative earnings threshold, half of your allowance between €120 and €208 (2011) is assessed as means and your Disability Allowance or Blind Pension payment is reduced. Invalidity Pension and Disability Benefit are paid in full but you may be liable for Income Tax.
Other benefits you may be getting are affected as follows:
Secondary Benefit Disability Allowance Blind Pension Invalidity Pension Illness Benefit Fuel Allowance Retain Retain Lose Lose Rent Supplement Will be affected Will be affected Will be affected
Will be affected
Household Benefits Package Retain Retain Retain People getting Illness Benefit do not qualify for the Household Benefits Package Medical Card Retain Retain Retain Retain Mobility Allowance Retain Retain Retain Retain Blind Welfare Allowance Retain Retain Retain Retain

Back