CDWow - Hong Kong

Thanks for that. What's region 10. Was looking on the German site and some of them are region 10??

Are you sure that's correct? There is no region 10 that I'm aware of. See [broken link removed] and other DVD region code summaries available online. CD WOW seem to describe a DVD as region 10 (on the summary screen) if it actually supports multiple regions (which are enumerated on the details screen).

It definitely says region 10 on cdwow.de

I was looking at Friends box sets and that was what it says. They seem to be only €22 which is by far the cheapest I have seen them.

Yes - but click on [broken link removed] for more info and it says region 2 and 4. I suspect that "Region 10" is simply CD WOW's code for multiple regions.

ClubMan said:
Yes - but click on [broken link removed] for more info and it says region 2 and 4. I suspect that "Region 10" is simply CD WOW's code for multiple regions.

Clubman, you may be right.

There is definitely no such thing as Region 10.

They may mean Region 0 which is the usual way of denominating a region free DVD - music DVDs for example are usually Region 0 i.e. they play on any machine.

He is definitely right, when you click on the link it shows

Region: 2 & 4 (UK & Europe/Japan) & (Australia/Latin America)

for that particular DVD, the Region 10 thing is just mis-leading.

Does anyone else find cdwow.ie bad for what you would expect to be run of the mill DVD's? When you search for "friends" or "sex and the city" it doesn't bring them up. Anyone have any suggestions??

Maybe their search is wonky? They do stock some [broken link removed] and [broken link removed] DVDs.

Sometimes when you search for a particular artist it only brings up one cd but if you click on that and scroll to the bottom of the page theres a section called "Other titles by this artist" or something similar and they usually have the cd you were originally looking for. Might be similar for DVDs.

I'm currently waiting for a cd that was dispatched over a week ago - usually get it within a couple of days so I'm beginning to think it might be another one gone missing.

Thank you for your recent order with CD WOW!
I am afraid that we are no longer able to accept orders through our Hong
Kong site that are to be shipped to anywhere other than addresses in Hong
Kong, therefore your order and been cancelled and a full refund made back to
the card used on it.
For future purchases please use
www.cd-wow.com and we will be pleased to
accept your orders.
We thank you very much for your custom.
Kind Regards
Kim
www.cd-wow.com

Thats interesting PadraigL because I was told to buy from .ie !

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order with CD WOW!

I am afraid that we are no longer able to accept orders through our
Hong
Kong site that are to be shipped to anywhere other than addresses in
Hong
Kong, therefore your order and been cancelled and a full refund made
back to
the card used on it.

For future purchases please use www.cdwow.ie and we will be pleased to
accept your orders.

We thank you very much for your custom.

Kind Regards

CD WOW!