CC Payment delayed delivery

roker

My wife ordered a health product a few weeks ago
€200. We have not received it yet but it is on my credit card payment statement. Company keeps says it's on it's way. I was thinking of making minimum CC payment and informing Visa. What is the normal procedure?

Last edited:
A few weeks isn't unusual for online orders in my experience. If it's coming from/via the UK then it could have been delayed with holidays and strikes. If it's coming from Asia it could be delayed by lunar new year holidays. I would give it a while longer. You'd be better off paying your CC bill when it's due and not racking up interest charges. If the product doesn't eventually turn up then you can contact your card provider to initiate a chargeback if necessary.

If it is coming from outside the EU it could be held up by customs paperwork and possibly eventually returned to sender.

There are many complaints on other social media sites about this happening to UK, Japan packages.

What does the tracking for the order say?

I was thinking of making minimum CC payment and informing Visa. What is the normal procedure?
Make the full payment for now.

If the product never arrives there is a procedure for claiming a refund from your CC provider. But you need to demonstrate that you've taken all reasonable steps with the retailer first.

I was thinking of making minimum CC payment and informing Visa.

This makes no sense.

You will end up in a cycle of interest payment which is quite hard to get out of.

Or else in a big dispute with the credit card company which will take a lot of time.

And part paying does not change anything for you. In deciding whether or not to refund you, Visa will not look at your payment record.

Brendan

There are considerable delays on UK parcel deliveries due to a Royal Mail ransomware attack earlier in the month.

Making the minimum payment is irrelevant. Keep chasing, raise a formal complaint with the supplier and if still no luck. raise a chargeback

My wife ordered a health product a few weeks ago
€200. We have not received it yet but it is on my credit card payment statement. Company keeps says it's on it's way. I was thinking of making minimum CC payment and informing Visa. What is the normal procedure?
Your wife could have ordered from what she thought was a UK company but it is a drop shipping site and that it is arriving from another part of the world. Could be the reason for the delay.

Go back and look at the site. If it looks like a scam site, then report it to Visa and seek a chargeback.

But if the company says it's on its way, give it more time.

Brendan
They said Irish customs had returned it so they sent it again

I had a package retuned twice by Irish customs to a small UK business. It was art equipment, nothing that could have caused concern. They assured me they'd done everything exactly as advised by Royal Mail each time and in the end opted to refund me. I've heard horror stories about Royal Mail so not too surprised.

We don't even know if Royal Mail are of any relevance in this particular case given that the original poster hasn't said where the item is coming from...

Am I missing a link here? It's hardly Royal Mail's problem if the Irish Customs returns something.

Brendan
When parcels are mailed to Ireland and do not have the right data Irish customs instructs they are sent back to the UK. This affects small businesses in particular. Irish customs is just implementing the system.
We don't even know if Royal Mail are of any relevance in this particular case given that the original poster hasn't said where the item is coming from...
True. That would be useful information...

When parcels are mailed to Ireland and do not have the right data Irish customs instructs they are sent back to the UK. This affects small businesses in particular. Irish customs is just implementing the system.

True. That would be useful information...
I wouldn't take anything said by An Post on this subject at face value.

The items are not being rejected by Irish customs as in most cases they aren't getting that far.

An Post's version of 'the right data' is completely out of step with all other countries though. They jumped the gun on the introduction of electronic processing and refused perfectly acceptable customs paperwork. They did not communicate this to Royal Mail and when rejecting packages do not provide useful information.

There's hosts of complaints about them on social media. Many small UK suppliers have no issue with other EU countries - just An Post - and have stopped shipping to Ireland as a result. They still ship to other EU Countries.

In the OP's case it could be a prohibted item, it could be incorrect customs information or it could be An Post being jobsworths.

Last edited:
In the OP's case it could be a prohibted item, it could be incorrect customs information or it could be An Post being jobsworths.
It could be anything.
We don't really have a clue.
Because the original poster has posted such limited and vague info.

It could be anything.
We don't really have a clue.
Because the original poster has posted such limited and vague info.
And unfortunately for the OP unlikely to get a proper reason as to why it was returned so sending it again will see it bounce back again.

And unfortunately for the OP unlikely to get a proper reason as to why it was returned so sending it again will see it bounce back again.
But the key original question was about what to do with the CC bill and it's clearly to pay it and, later, pursue a chargeback if necessary.

Back