Casual childminding

H

hardup

My wife is a teacher just starting so pay is not great

Our 2 kids will need to be minded 8 - 9.20 in morn and 2 - 3 in afternoon
Minder wants €14/ hr for minding both kids they will be dropped to her door this seems alot especially if the kids got a half day and had to be minded longer this is all cash in the lamh. Any views ?

Does seem a bit much, though it probably depends on where you are based.

For 5 days, you are looking at paying (5x 2.33 hrs x E14) or 163 per week

My local creche (down the country) will take my 2 kids from 7:30am to 6pm for a total of €280, and they would be registered, and competent etc

My wife is a teacher just starting so pay is not great

Our 2 kids will need to be minded 8 - 9.20 in morn and 2 - 3 in afternoon
Minder wants €14/ hr for minding both kids they will be dropped to her door this seems alot especially if the kids got a half day and had to be minded longer this is all cash in the lamh. Any views ?

Seems a lot but bear in mind that the minder's day is effectively shot, even though she's only minding them for 2/3 hours. I could be wrong but I don't imagine you'd get too many who'd be prepared to give up their day for €35.

Touch wood but what legal postion is the child minder in if something happens?

€14 and hour for minding two children seems like good value to me especially if the person providing the service is responsible/trustworthy/qualified etc.

A cleaner in your house would charge €10/hour ... surely having your children taken care of is more than this?

Its cheap, the childminders day is cut in two. Don't expect many people would be lining up for such a job with broken hours.

Back