Castleisland - Co Kerry

M

MichaelL

We're off to Castleisland Co Kerry for the weekend, anybody have any recommendations of what to see or do while there?

Castleisland

I would suggest a visit to Crag Caves www.cragcave.com/. You might also like to spend time in Killarney touring the lakes or walking around Muckross House and gardens. A short drive in the opposite direction takes you to Listowel where you could take in the Lartigue Monorail homepage.eircom.net/~lartiguemonorail/. Must not forget Tralee - the Kerry Museum is quite interesting
www.kerrymuseum.ie/. Might be advisable to plan a WEEK instead of a weekend!

Re: Castleisland

Eat in Restaurant David Norris (no relation to Senator) in Tralee. You will not regret it!!

re

There is a very good golf course there but green fees over 50 euro?

Re: re

Thanks All,

We had a great time.

We went to Muckross house and gardens the view from the front of the house across the lake to the mountains is spectacular.

We went to Dingle as well, again spectacular scenery.

I found that Castleisland was a very good base to travel to Tralee, Killarney and Dingle.

Aquadome in Tralee is another favourite, pool has a wave machine and water slides etc.

As Aine said a weekend, even with the Monday simply isn't enough time, especially with good weather as we got

I saw the David Norris restaurant, maybe I will try it next time as I will certainly be back out that direction

castleisland

Glad you enjoyed Muckross, Michael. It is one of my favourite places as well when I am in the Kingdom.

Back