Castle Dargan or Cromleach Lodge Hse Hotel

Daisy Jones

Hi Guys,

I am planning a special weekend away for us as a couple. I have narrowed it down to Castle Dargan or Cromleach Lodge Sligo. I have never stayed in either place and would appreciate advise from any of you in the know.

Thanks very much.

I have only eaten at Castle Dargan, on two occasions, and found the service to be very slapdash. Both times was carvery, no cuttlery both times and slow coming when we pointed it out, and on one of the occasions, while we went up to get deserts, our unfinished drinks were cleared from the table. Haven't been to Cromleach, but close friends have been to stay for a weekend recently, and were very impressed with the place. She's a real foodie, and said the food in the restaurant was really good. Anyway, Sligo is beautiful, so I'm sure you will have a good time.

Cromleach Lodge wins hands down, I'm from Sligo-Castle Dargan fine for normal Sunday Lunch or quick bite. Cromleach Lodge for any special occasion - we eat there for Anniversaries, birthdays etc. (Though I think Sunday Lunch is now only €30 there and it's excellent). Haven't stayed in either, but from word of mouth accomodation in Cromleach is luxury.
Unless of course you're golfers-Castle Dargan has its own course.

Thank you all so much your advice has been fantastic. This is a special break and much needed. I cannot wait now!

Back