Cash and Carry Kitchens

Hi

We were in Keen cost kitchens last week they have some nice kitchens and wardrobes in their show room - they supply only, might be worth a look.

We really like the oak shaker style kitchen - anyone buy from here & can advise re the quality?

thanks

thinnest carcasses ive ever seen 15mm versus the usual 18mm
try kitchen world, vastly superior quality and variety and they will deliver outside of dublin for a reasonable fee their stuff is also not flat pack which is important if you have anything but the smallest of kitchens

Firstly I wish to make it clear that I am connected with Cash & Carry Kitchens. I would like to clear up some inaccurate and dubious comments being made by those whose motives or background I'm unsure of. If people are going to make derogatory remarks about a company or it's product please try and have the facts correct.

1) Cash & Carry Kitchens do not supply 15mm carcases (as stated by xt40) and never have at any time. All our kitchen and bedroom furniture is made using 18mm board and this has always been the case. Our kitchen units are glued and dowelled together. This is a widespead method of assembling cabinets through out the world. It is the way we have always manufactured our cabinets.

2) We are not a supplier of flat pack kitchen furniture. We deliver our kitchen units fully assembled with the exception of tall fridge and oven housing units. This is because it is extremely difficult or impossible to deliver these units assembled to most homes. For the same reasons our bedroom furniture is delivered unassembled. This is common practice in the industry, we are all trying to deliver units to the same size houses.

As mentioned by one or two people we do have thousands of happy customers every year. Like any company dealing with a lot of customers we don't get it 100% right all the time. However when we get it wrong we try damn hard to put it right. That's why we are Ireland's Bestselling Kitchens. (apologies for the bit of advertising!!)

Thank you to those that have tried to provide balanced feedback of their experiences as opposed to those that choose put forward inaccurate and misleading information.

Hi AMV

Thanks for the factual response and the reasoned manner in which it is put.

I think anyone using Askaboutmoney for research into kitchens would come out with a very positive view of your company.

Brendan
Founder
Askaboutmoney

just in case - no, I have no connection with Cash & Carry Kitchens.

Thanks amv8, it's good to have the information from the horse's mouth!

By the way, anyone I know who has got a kitchen from Cash & Carry has been very happy with it.

I purchased my kitchen from C&C 3 years ago and was very pleased with it; having fitted the units myself I can confirm that carcasses were indeed dowelled and glued and the result is a very solid carcass. The solid wood doors and associated ironmongery were of excellent quality; the only area I did have quibble with was the laminate worktops which i thought were easily marked. Overall the C&C product represents good value for money and I have no connections with the company.

Got my kitchen elsewhere but was very pleased with fitted wardrobes from C & C. Fitter, recommended by Sandyford store was very good and I think that this is the key in most cases.

Posting this for amv8's info more than anything ...
Based on all the great recommendations on here for Cash & Carry I went down to the Longmile branch last week to get a layout drawn up and a price, I have to say I was left a bit disappointed, perhaps I called too near lunchtime (about 12.50pm) but the guy who dealt with me just didn't seem all that interested, polite yes but just not that enthusiastic or helpful really. Anyway he gives me the price and told me he'd fax me over the CAD version when it was done (probably a day or two later). I rang later that day because I just wanted to check a couple of things on the drawing, he was to call me back but no call returned. I rang back again the next day but he was on his day off, I asked could I speak to another rep but told no, he was assigned to me so that was it, I then asked how would I be able to get a price breakdown of the total figure I got but the lady on the phone said I wouldn't be able to, they don't do price breakdowns! ??? I queried that further and said but sure you must be able to give a breakdown of a price given but she insisted their policy was not to. Anyway, I'm here a week later and still no call back from my 'enthusiastic' salesperson or CAD drawing. I haven't bothered ringing him back again. So, where does that leave me now ...? maybe I should try a different branch with the hope that I'll get a better rep ... or indeed just go to Inhouse? As I say, I was expecting good things having heard so much positive feedback, perhaps I've just been unlucky?

Friends of mine got a c&c kitchen which they are pretty happy with. The only down side are the shaker doors have a very flimsy panel in them, feels like thin ply. Would suggest to check every detail in the showroom, for the kitchen your thinking of buying so there are no surprises when its installed!

Hi Moneypit,

Thanks for the feedback, we welcome both the positive and the negative!! Please let me apologise for the inconvenience and lack of service on this occasion. I can assure you I will look into it.

Regards,

AMV8

Posting this for amv8's info more than anything ...
Based on all the great recommendations on here for Cash & Carry I went down to the Longmile branch last week to get a layout drawn up and a price, I have to say I was left a bit disappointed, perhaps I called too near lunchtime (about 12.50pm) but the guy who dealt with me just didn't seem all that interested, polite yes but just not that enthusiastic or helpful really. Anyway he gives me the price and told me he'd fax me over the CAD version when it was done (probably a day or two later). I rang later that day because I just wanted to check a couple of things on the drawing, he was to call me back but no call returned. I rang back again the next day but he was on his day off, I asked could I speak to another rep but told no, he was assigned to me so that was it, I then asked how would I be able to get a price breakdown of the total figure I got but the lady on the phone said I wouldn't be able to, they don't do price breakdowns! ??? I queried that further and said but sure you must be able to give a breakdown of a price given but she insisted their policy was not to. Anyway, I'm here a week later and still no call back from my 'enthusiastic' salesperson or CAD drawing. I haven't bothered ringing him back again. So, where does that leave me now ...? maybe I should try a different branch with the hope that I'll get a better rep ... or indeed just go to Inhouse? As I say, I was expecting good things having heard so much positive feedback, perhaps I've just been unlucky?

No price breakdown? thats not good, you were unlucky i would think. I got a breakdown on every unit and was given different options/prices for any changes or extras,I was delighted to see how everything was set out so clearly (not one hidden extra, unusual these days). I used the Mullingar shop and would again...
P.S. i have no connection with C&C.

thinnest carcasses ive ever seen 15mm versus the usual 18mm
try kitchen world, vastly superior quality and variety and they will deliver outside of dublin for a reasonable fee their stuff is also not flat pack which is important if you have anything but the smallest of kitchens

Is is completely untrue, C&C have and 18mm carcass, I measured it myself! Kitchen world are unusual, undecided about quality. C&C are also assembled when delivered (free of charge) which is so much easier.

Back