Cars - Trade Sale

steph1

I often see this term in adverts in carzone and the car buyers guide. Does it mean that the car may only be sold to somebody in the motor trade or can it be bought by anyone but is bought as seen without any warranty or guarantee.

in some cases it may onl mean to the motor trade, but bottom line is that the car i sold, as is where is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no come back , no guarantee

My understanding was simply that the car was being sold by someone in "the trade" (i.e. a dealer, franchised or independent) as opposed to privately - is this definitely wrong then?

How it usually works is this;
Main dealer takes in older/undesirable old car as trade-in. No interest in keeping such a car on forecourt, so sells 'as is' with no warrenty. Car is usually sold to a non-franchised dealers, who then sell on from their own premises. However if you are prepared to take the car with 'no comeback' then cannot see why it would not be sold to you.

I always thought it was a car not quite ready for public sale. Someone in the trade might find it worth fixing it up. Etc.

actually like in the auto trader, under the pic will say trade,, this just means its a dealer etc.

my earlier reply was just specific to the ad that would say 'trade sale'

just make the phone call i guess

only one that i read

of course in car zone i think it usuall says trade or private just in reference to the seller and not the deal

Back