Carpenter cost per day

Peeete

I am in the process of finishing of a new build - 3,000 sq ft and I am at the stage of getting all the doors (solid white oak), skirting, architrave etc. done.

Can anyone tell me how much carpenters are charging per day for this work in the present climate? I am in the Louth area.

I have no doubt that others will say lower but last year we got similar work done and the rate (we did not shop around as carpenter was recomended) was 150 per day. However, I would suggest you not only get an estimate of how muchpeople are charging per day but how many days someone thinks the work can be completed and also factor in quality at its the sort of work that is very visible etc.

You would be much better off getting a trusted recommended carpenter to quote you for the job, rather than a price per day. A number of my family are in the business and would never price a job per day - It's too much hassle trying to work ot estimates for the unknown if you're pricing per day. It also keeps you moving quicker through jobs if the incentive is there to finish up quicker. Saying that they will often do 12 -14 hour days to finish a job if they are under pressure or if the commute time is a long one.

I have been quoted per day but also a job rate. The job rate on the estimate is working out at about 150euro per day but if he is to work at an actual day rate it will be 100euro per day (but it may take longer)

Current estimate given to me is 10 to 12 days work.

Which would you go with? Probably best with fixed cost?

fixed price peete,is best,at least you know what the cost is before the job starts.

Back