Carer - how am i fixed for a state pension

Mizen

I have been caring for my daughter for 16 years and subsequently have been un-employable because of the 24/7 caring. I have no stamps from my early years (I think) because I took super annuation when I left my work to get married.

what is my situation do you think regarding a state penion in 21 or so years ?? - Have I missed the boat ?

Impossible to project forward 21 years as the qualifying conditions will ore than likely have changed drastically by then. there is the non-contributory state pension which is means tested.

The fact that you took your superanuation when you left work has no bearing on your State Pension. That was part of your occupational pension. I assume you were in State or Semi-State employment.

If that is the case your contributions should still be there but possibly at class D which are not reckonable for pension. As Welfarite has said the future of pension qualifying criteria is unknown but getting back into the workforce (if possible) may be helpful for a part pension

Back