Career change advice

Chris2006

Hi,
I am just looking for advice about my quest for the ideal career change. I have recently got married and considering starting a family in a years time. I would love to be able to work part time or reduce my working hours so I can maximize and enjoy raising my kids, unfortunately this not an option in my current place of employment. Ideally I would love to have a job where I could work part time and from home, I'm sure this is many mothers dream but I'm just enquiring as to what are the career options or where can I find out more information.

How on earth are people supposed to suggest something based on that post? :confused:

That's rather rude, and unhelpful.

To the OP, there are plenty of organisations who allow flexible, part-time and home working. Do some research perhaps through recruitment agencies as to what these organisations are. I know Citi do anyway, off the top of my head. This way you may find that you don't have to change career as such, but rather just change company.
If you can stay in the same sector then your earning potential, even at part-time, will not be as hugely affected as it would be were you starting out at something new.

That's rather rude, and unhelpful.
So how is somebody supposed to make useful suggetions in the absence of information about at least the original poster's (a) current/recent jobs and skillsets and (b) their preferred type of work or industry etc.? :rolleyes:

So how is somebody supposed to make useful suggetions in the absence of information about at least the original poster's (a) current/recent jobs and skillsets and (b) their preferred type of work or industry etc.? :rolleyes:

Well, I thought I made a fairly good stab at it. I'll have to see what the OP thinks.

My experience is that it is easier to move into part-time work in secretarial positions.

How about an Ebay shop? Might sound ridiculous to you, but I know a good few people that have started out doing it as they want to spend more time with their kids and they love it.

You basically source some products that will sell and do all your work at home (list the items on the ebay shop, package them etc). If you want any help on it let me know as I have a good bit of knowledge on the subject.

Bob.

How about training as a beautician/massage/aromatherapy.

You could set up & do this part time from your house.

I can imagine it would be more lucrative & fulfilling that admin/office jobs.

Chris, I know that Irishjobs.ie has a search tool "From Home" on their website. Most recruitment agencies are registered with them so you might see something suitable there.

There are established franchises you can buy into - but be very careful, as there are plenty of con artists out there.

How about "Lifecoaching" - you could qualify in 12 months

Back