Car Scrappage Scheme.

horse

Hi Folks,
Just noticed that as I intend to take advantage of the scrappage scheme my car was first registered on 18-Feb-2000 and on looking at the NCT - it is due on 17-Feb-2010. Does this mean that I have to get the car NCTd' even though it is literally seconds between dates?
Regrads
Horse

You may end up waiting up to a number of months for delivery of your new car. If you intend to drive your current car, you will need a valid NCT cert.

Hi Folks,
Just noticed that as I intend to take advantage of the scrappage scheme my car was first registered on 18-Feb-2000 and on looking at the NCT - it is due on 17-Feb-2010. Does this mean that I have to get the car NCTd' even though it is literally seconds between dates?
Regrads
Horse

If you are getting car now , I dont see why you would as the old one will be scrapped. By the way there are plenty of fiestas in stock so no waiting time

I think you should be okay with a recently-expired cert. See [broken link removed] and note the passage "must have a valid NCT test certificate, or one that has expired no more than 90 days immediately before the date of scrappage".

Folks,
Thanks for the replies, I wasn't aware of the 90 day clause as posted by "Padraig" - puts my mind at ease.
Cheers,
Horse

Back