Car Rental and Collision Damage Waiver

So nowadays I just buy the super excess no hassle insurance with whatever car rental company and forget about it, and always include around 15-20 euro per day in my budget on top of whatever the car costs.

I still haven't the rental idea fully given up, but like you I think i'd be going for the super collision damage waiver insurance. There's basic theft insurance too with my hire and an upgrade on that would be another €15 or €20 per day. It's hard to know where to stop.
You'd nearly have a car bought at that stage ;)

To sum up, If the hire agreement says £1000 collision damage waver, then I have major damage to the car, the hire insurance cover everything except the first £1000. if the damage id less than £1000 it comes out of CDW

I took a policy with insuranceforcarhire.com earlier in the yr. At that stage they were quoting ROI residents. I recently inquired about upping the cover to Worldwide and was told that whilst my cover was still in force the UW are no longer covering all of EEA, but they are in negotiations with them . This policy is particularly good as it includes a helpline with translators in an accident and up to GBP 6000 cover for the excess. I hope they come back to IRL. They seem like a decent outfit.

Back