Car problem!

brilliant81

Was driving my boyfriends car and when I put my foot on clutch to change gears there was a revving, following by the car jumping forward after gear change with a squeaky sound from tyres. Anyone give me insight on this please

Sounds like you should give him back the car!!!!!!!!!
Taxi's are plentiful enough these days

D

brilliant81 said:
Was driving my boyfriends car and when I put my foot on clutch to change gears there was a revving, following by the car jumping forward after gear change with a squeaky sound from tyres. Anyone give me insight on this please

The revving could have been caued by you not lifting the clutch fully but using the accelerator anyway.

The car jumping was probably you coming off the clutch too quickly.

Are you a fully qualified driver?

There could be a problem with the pedal sticking either, it's more than likely a simple mechanical issue that shouldn't cost too much to have investigated and repaired.

Hi Diddle diddle the cat.Sorry, got carried away, I meant to say Hi Diddles,, Thanks for a great laugh .I thought your answer re Brilliants query was magic.

Have a sense of humour brilliant81.
Im not mechanically minded so no help.
Have a good weekend and keep the revs up!!

D

brilliant81 said:
When my foot is completely off accelerator and down on clutch there is a rev

When you turn the engine on is it revving (with no feet on pedals - in neutral)?

could it be the starter motor is staying on? that gives a whirring sound.though by now it should be burned out.

hi i have a opel corsa 99 and i had the same problem mine was a bit scary coming home from work 2 months ago. it seemed like there it was hitting back into neutral and the noise was very loud. Are you getting a warning light orange light (malfunction indicator) I had to bring it to a garage and they put it on a machine which cost 100 euro and it told them that the idle stepper motor had gone. It cost 280 euro to buy from opel. Then i had hassle with the nct telling me to replace the wrong part so i have been having car hassle the last two months

no warning light but the noise does actually sound like I am not in the right gear but i am. But it only occurs when changing up gears and not changing down. when I put my foot down on clutch its revs till its changed then when lifting foot off clutch and putting down on accelerator the car jolts forward. its actually worrying now though

Isn't it time you consulted a mechanic, waiting for the right answer in this forum is probably not a good idea- you might be damaging the car in the meantime and you could be danger to yourself and other road users if it's not functioning as it should?

Back