Car phone kit

R

ralphwiggum

I recently bought a land rover discovery and it has a kit suitable for a Sony Ericsson phone.I was just wondering can the cradles for holding the phone be changed to suit my phone(samsung) as I don't want to go spending money on a bluetooth device if I could use the existing wires?

Hi, not sure if I have the same car kit, but mine is a THB Bury which allows you to change the cradle when you change your phone.
If you google the brand of your car kit, I'm sure you'll get the required info.

Had a bury in the car myself.

Cradles can be pricey for new model phones though, probably cheaper to bite the bullet and stick in a parrot universsal with bluetooth.

i googled the thb bury...looks good...i would have to buy the universal cradle i presume and just remove the existing wires in the dash?it would prob b the easier option to get a bluetooth version in case i change my phone in the future.

I paid about €60 for the cradle for a Nokia E51, but since I got the phone free on an upgrade, it was worth it. The thb bury kit is great as it works through the radio.

PS I have no connection to thb bury.

depending on the year of the car from 05 onwards you can change the mercedes cradles it ain't cheap and anything before 05 your stuck with

I have now sourced an aftermarket bluetooth that will retrofit into any existing built in Merc kit

Pulse, can you give more info, where and how much. What phones can it handle. I assume it has the features of the existing kit that can be operated from the dask keypad. Thanks.

Its for Mercedes from 99-05 where the carkit does not have the interchangeable cradles its a little bluetooth device that will sit into the cradle and allows you to use the radio and steering controls as long as your phone has bluetooth cost is €305 plus 21.5% or if you have the 2005-2010 model the cradle is €275 + 21.5%

Pulse

Thanks Pulse. Where can they be bought, Is it phone shop or Mercedes dealer. I have 2004 model.

Back