Car park space

SteH

If I have an underground car park space and someone else parks in it moer than a few times without permission then would I get into trouble for removing their number plates? This would hopefully stop them doing it again.

Is it clear its your private space ,if it is I would buy a sheet of paper that is very high tack and therefore very difficult to remove and stick it on the windscreen just write on it "please do not park here again" that should do the trick if your "sticker"is really difficult to remove

Removing the number plate, I'm fairly sure, would be illegal. Have you tried the polite route of asking or leavinging a note?....maybe they don't realise they aren't allowed to park there. Are you allowed to erect one of those parking barriers?

If I have an underground car park space and someone else parks in it moer than a few times without permission then would I get into trouble for removing their number plates? This would hopefully stop them doing it again.

:eek: I'm sure there is a more subtle way of dealing with this! Have you tried to point out to them that it is your space?

Is it a numbered space, and if so, are you sure that you own it ? - in my apartment complex there are fewer car spaces than apartments, and the number don't match. So someone in Apartment X might assume that he owns car space X, when he might actually own car space Z, or no car space at all.

Does your management agency/company not employ the services of a private clamping company? This solves the problem overnight, because if you leave a note indicating that you'll get the offending vehicle clamped this ensures that it's never parked there again.

Removing their number plates could be seen as criminal activity or damage. I don't think you should take it this far.

Have you spoken to or left a note for the driver? As above, perhaps they don't realise it is someones space. I would also talk to the owners of the car park/apartments/houses.

The last thing you should do is touch their car.

Is it clear its your private space ,if it is I would buy a sheet of paper that is very high tack and therefore very difficult to remove and stick it on the windscreen just write on it "please do not park here again" that should do the trick if your "sticker"is really difficult to remove

I think this is an excellent idea because I spent 30 mins removing one of these from my windscreen one day and I certainly didn't park there again!!

Dinjoecurry, was that you that did my car?!!!

Would it still work if you swished it round your mouth and THEN spat it out on the car!?

Would it still work if you swished it round your mouth and THEN spat it out on the car!?
I know I wouldn't have the discipline to do that - I'd just gulp it down :D

Try the management company. They might know the owner of the car and be able to lean on him/her to stop it happening.

Just ring the clamping company that looks after your apartment, thats what they are there for!

Hi OP, Why the agression? I'm amazed at the action you propose- taking their number plates..!!! It's an annoyance but responding with agression is not the way to go...
I arranged to rent a parking space in the car park under where I live. The man I rented from had not used the space in years- and gave me the wrong number..I proceeded to park my car there every day there- so far no problem..one day I drove out of the car park and the steering started going strange...I wasn't long driving- and I didn't know what was happening...I couldn't control the car- I almost crashed- as I was in shock not knowing what was happening- a man on the street pointed to my wheels...with difficulty I pulled in to side of road...somebody had let air out of 3 of my tyres..and then I noticed note on wiper beside where tax discs etc were...threatening me if I parked in that space again I'd have no car!!! what a bully....
This was a totally honest mistake- I was paying for a space...so please OP before the agressive response- give people the benefit of the doubt...had I got a note I would have moved my car..so I would go that route first...at least give the person the opportunity to remedy the situation...

Dont remove anything from the car

Put a piece of paper under the windshield wiper advising them that they are parking in your space. Leave your mobile number.

When the space is vacant, get someone to install a parking post at least 18 inches into the space.

If the trespasser does not move the from the space , put the post behind the car, stopping them from removing the car without contacting you first.

Thats the legal way.

Dont consider any of the following, because it would not be nice

1. super glue the passenger door lock.
2. let the air out of two of the tyres
3. spit on the handle of the drivers door.

4. Potato up the exhaust
5. Nails wedged in behind tyres
6. Spray paint 'this is my space' on the car
7. Stuffing dead animals into open windows

Back