Car Insurance Renewal

OnTheMove

Hi
I just received my car insurance renewal quote and is 17% higher than I paid for exact same policy last year ( 7 Years No claims, No claims outstanding) i.e No changes to risk profile since last year.
I need Open Driving option. I believe there are few insurers who offer this option, FBD is one, the AA didn't offer this option at the last renewal.
Any contributors know of other insurers who offer Open Driving option ?

Thanks

i am with hibernian and have it as standard on my policy. who are you with? it sounds like you are being screwed

This increase in premium happened to me earlier this year and when I rang the insurance company I was just told that their rates had gone up. I did some research online and got quotes from other companies. When I rang my existing insurance company back and mentioned these cheaper quotes, they instantly agreed to match the lowest one. In fact, when I queried the quote further, they managed to find a further saving for me by adding another named driver to my policy.

Have you tried ringing and speaking to your existing insurance provider?

This increase in premium happened to me earlier this year and when I rang the insurance company I was just told that their rates had gone up. I did some research online and got quotes from other companies. When I rang my existing insurance company back and mentioned these cheaper quotes, they instantly agreed to match the lowest one. In fact, when I queried the quote further, they managed to find a further saving for me by adding another named driver to my policy.

Have you tried ringing and speaking to your existing insurance provider?
I was in the same situation as yourself last week did exactly as yourself and saved myself €300.00.
Bottom line,it does pay to shop around,and then get back to your last insurance company/broker to see what they have to say,odds on that they will at lest match the best offer you got .

Great thread,

Thanks for your useful information and hope to read more from you.

Finding the best car insurance is something that can be very time consuming and sometimes very stressful. Each insurance provider has different plans and policies and it can be difficult to find one that can fit your needs because everyone’s circumstances are different and there are many factors that influence the type of insurance coverage a person buys. Whatever those factors are, buying car insurance is very important.

Some people think that finding the best car insurance is finding one that fits all your needs no matter what the cost is. This isn’t exactly the case because a lot of insurance providers have the same type of plans that cover similar things and may offer the plans cheaper or more expensive. If you want to find the best car insurance coverage that you can, doing research and looking into multiple insurance providers and the types of plans they provide is extremely important and beneficial to obtaining cheaper car insurance.

i am with hibernian and have it as standard on my policy. who are you with? it sounds like you are being screwed

i think you are referring to driving other cars which is standard on most policies. Open driving is most definitely not standard.

The following offer open driving - Axa, Hibernian, Allianz (though I'm not sure if this is just for people who had it a few years ago), FBD......Think thats it. not sure abuout Quinn.
As Hibernian offer it then probably One Direct and Tesco also do as they are underwritten by Hibernian.

Setanta also have a car policy now through brokers and open driving is available.

Back