Cant delete Firefox address toolbar bar

G2007

Hoping someone can help.. I have the latest Firefox browser. When I type the first letter ie. (A), in the address tool bar, the Argos product I searched for over a year ago comes up but not recent searches.
Most search results are from a long time back. Tried everything including CrapCleaner, deleting recent history etc..
Any suggestions.. Thanks

You can try to switch off this feature completely:

1. In the Location bar, type about:config, and press EnterReturn.
  2. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click
    I'll be careful, I promise!​
    , to continue to the about:config page.
  3. Search for the preference browser.urlbar.maxRichResults.
  4. Double-click the browser.urlbar.maxRichResults preference and enter a value of -1.
  5. From the menu at the top of the Firefox windowbar, select FileFirefox and then select the ExitQuit FirefoxQuit menu item.
  6. Restart Firefox again.
Now when you type in the Location bar, no list of results will be shown.

Did you make sure to run CCleaner while Firefox was NOT running?
Yes

You can try to switch off this feature completely:

1. In the Location bar, type about:config, and press EnterReturn.
  2. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click
    I'll be careful, I promise!​
    , to continue to the about:config page.
  3. Search for the preference browser.urlbar.maxRichResults.
  4. Double-click the browser.urlbar.maxRichResults preference and enter a value of -1.
  5. From the menu at the top of the Firefox windowbar, select FileFirefox and then select the ExitQuit FirefoxQuit menu item.
  6. Restart Firefox again.
Now when you type in the Location bar, no list of results will be shown.
When you do this, is it possible to still see recent search results.. Would prefer to see them until I delete them.. Never had this problem before with Firefox. Just seems to be very old search results which it shows and not recent. I googled the problem.. It says Firefox and NOT the PC stores the results.. Strange this??

Back