Canada bank account: Getting a canadian bank account in ireland

E

ecoman

Im interested to know if you can open a canadian bank account in Ireland. Im planning on going to Canada and would need to have a bank account in the next 6 weeks.

Thanks

Not sure if it's any use to you but I opened a bank account when I moved here in October.
Turned up at the bank with my 2 forms of ID and proof of address and walked out an hour later with my Bank cards
They needed a social insurance number to open the account so thats also a consideration for you

Im interested to know if you can open a canadian bank account in Ireland. Im planning on going to Canada and would need to have a bank account in the next 6 weeks.

CAD bank accounts by retail savers can be opened by PTSB here: [broken link removed]

CAD bank accounts in Canada probably in most cases require you to be there in person.

canada bank accounts from outside canada

you can get canadian bank accounts with currency.ie in dublin. they do overseas bank accounts
Think you just need to show irish id

you can get canadian bank accounts with currency.ie in dublin. they do overseas bank accounts
Think you just need to show irish id

I wasn't aware of this and dont see anything on their website about it. Any more info??

Is there anyone apart from PTSB that do Canadian accounts?

Thanks

It may be relevant or not :) that bank chargers I understand can be quite high in Canada. I've read that if you use ATMs specific to your bank you can avoid quite a lot of the withdrawal fees. This item might be useful.

Has anyone opened an non resident deposit bank account with a bank in Canada? Does such a thing exist there? I mean one that never entails going to the place, just a garden variety CAN $ savings account.

I emailed RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) got a response from Jersey that was baffling at best.

Back