Can you trim ready made wooden venetian blinds?

deadwood

Please redirect if i'm repeating an oldie.

Anyone know if I can you get ready made wooden blinds that can be cut to size? No problem getting plastic ones.

I've come across a couple of sites which seem fairly cheap - anyone tried them out?

Is it worth the bother or should I just go with ACME or similar for warranty etc?

Re: Can You Trim Ready Made Wooden Venetian Blinds

Was going to mention the catalogue but see that it is not suitable for wooden.

I've taken Aluwood blinds to a shop to have them cut as I think it is definitely a job for the professionals. IMHO wooden would be even harder again.

Thnks suellen.
I'l probably leave it to the professionals.

How much are you talking about trimming them ? I've cut roman blinds previously and it's easy, just tricky.

I have successfully trimmed wooden venetian blinds that I bought in Homestore & More. They were too long and too wide for what I really needed.
I disassembled the blinds, removed sufficient slats so that the blind would have the right drop. I then clamped the slats together and used a fine blade in a jigsaw to trim for width.

Worked out fine.

teddyk.

The only concern is the top where the string pulls are attatched, if there is space on either side to cut away it's really just a matter of a steady hand and a good, sharp saw.

How much are you talking about trimming them ? I've cut roman blinds previously and it's easy, just tricky.
The ready made ones are generally just a few cm's too long/short. I might get lucky and find the right size - it's just a matter of shopping around, really.
I don't mind tackling the job and have done a few roller blinds from Argos before which have turned out ok.
The ready made ones all seem to have the wall fixture and opening mechanism in a fixed position which would make it difficult to alter them without destroying the whole thing. They invariably state "not suitable for trimming" on them too.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried this sucessfully or should I just let a proper company get on with it. At least if they mess it up, they fix it. I can see broken and dismantled blinds littering the floor already!

I have successfully trimmed wooden venetian blinds that I bought in Homestore & More. They were too long and too wide for what I really needed.
I disassembled the blinds, removed sufficient slats so that the blind would have the right drop. I then clamped the slats together and used a fine blade in a jigsaw to trim for width.

Worked out fine.

teddyk.

Thanks for that teddyk,
This is what I had in mind.
Missed this post earlier.

Back