Can you order bank statements covering a specific time period (from X to X date)?

qwerty-2023

Hi all,

I would like to get bank statements covering a specific period. For example, from 1 January to 31 December 2022. This is because I'd like to apply for citizenship in the next few years, and I need proofs of address showing continued residence.

(I moved here a decade ago as a student but didn't have bills etc. at the time so trying to make sure I get it right over the next few years!)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Bank statements usually cover a particular period such as 3 or 6 months in which case you can get the statements that collectively cover a particular period. Statements are usually available from online banking without having to contact the bank otherwise. Who do you bank with?

You should be able to get statements for the January 2022 up to now from their online banking or by requesting them from them.
Then just keep your statements from now on.
As I said, online banking is usually the easiest way to access historical statements.
There should be no need to switch to another bank for this.

@qwerty-2023
You should be able to download statements yourself from online banking for the last 7 years. They should be stored as pdf documents.
If not, you can request duplicate statements, but there is a charge.

I believe for citizenship you only need 3 months from each year, but it's no harm to start collecting all this documents.

Thank you everyone! I was able to retrieve statements from 2021 to now online, and then for 2020 (which was a now-closed student account) I called AIB and they were willing to retrieve a statement for me from that account! So all's good for 2020-2023, and from now on I'll make sure to download and save my bank statements using the online service.

Thanks also @Dr Strangelove for the tip, I do often travel for work and family but never more than a couple weeks at a time so hopefully they won't mind. I did have a 7-weeks long work trip abroad last year, but I'll explain that in the relevant box in the application.

Now I "only" have to wait until 2025 to apply!! :D (I actually arrived in Ireland 11 years ago...)

Lesson learned, minimalism is NOT for paperwork and official documents even if I don't think I'll ever need them again! :p

Now that you have 100 points for each year,you just need another 50 to be eligible.
Revenue statements or DSP statements for same period will have you 150 points for each year.
Best of luck with your application.

Back