Can you find out who the landlord is?

ndp

I am living next door to a house which is rented out to students. They are making a lot of noise late at night, etc. I have tried approaching them about it, but it has not had any effect.

At this stage, I want to get their landlord onto the case, but how do I find out who the landlord is? I have searched the register on the PRTB website, but the house is not listed there (I don't think I'd actually get the name from PRTB anyway even if it was listed).

Any ideas on how to find out who the landlord is?

PS - sorry if this post is in the wrong section!

Although it's an ecumenical, i mean civil matter, is there any chance the gardai might call down to them and get the name of the landlord for you?

roughly where is the property?

Had similar problems a few years back.
Firstly, try the PRTB (number in phone book) Private Renters Tennancy board or something.... The landlord, if he's paying taxes etc should be registered with these. I found these guys brilliant to deal with.

If he's not registered with this crowd, you can go to the land registry office and find out who the registered owner of the property is. Its a bit of an ordeal but you can get his name and addresses of other properties he owns. I ended up doing this and managed to track him down, mentioned the PRTB to him and problems were all sorted within a week!

Good luck

...mentioned the PRTB to him and problems were all sorted within a week!
If the property isn't registered with the PRTB then the landlord is renting it illegally and puts you in a very strong position.

Presumably it's not a privately managed estate in which case the management company should be able to contact the landlord at your behest (although they may not be able to give you those details directly)?

If the property isn't registered with the PRTB then the landlord is renting it illegally and puts you in a very strong position.

As soon as he finds out who the landlord is.

At least give the gardai a call, Sunday or Monday night might be the best time, tell them exactly what the story is, it is certainly worth the try and beats trying to do a title search.

How about asking the postman?

Thanks for all the replies. I rang back the PRTB and they said to write in to them with details of the case - they will only give out the name of the landlord if there is a good reason to do so. They said that, if on the other hand the tenancy is not registered with them, they can they follow up that aspect of it from an enforcement point of view.

I'll also try a few of the other suggestions above and from the previous posts heghlighted by Sueellen.

Back