can you claim back bank charges like uk??

H

holly50

Have you heard about the millions of people claiming back bank charges because they were unlawful and unfair, for example on overdraft facility if you go past your agreed amount. I wonder will this come in in Ireland, we are getting charged crazy prices in bank charges if we go past our overdraft facility, without us being aware we have past our overdraft. Just rang our bank to see if they would send us a statement of all their bank charges since we opened our account. Probably won't come in, in Ireland. But hey heres hoping!!!

I think these are only going through the courts in the UK at the minute, and its not happening for everyone. You could always chance your arm and try, but even some of the UK people who tried got burned, their accounts closed and left to go elsewhere for a new account.

The good news is yes, I used the template letters here in Ireland from the site with some word changes and i received 2300 euros from my current account charges about a year ago now, hope this helps.

This is very interesting. template letter .... do you remember where you got that.
I have been very good to the banks and have quite alot of charges paid.
... i just did a search and found them now. have saved them and will read it all tomorrow.
thanks.

Last edited:
I have spoken to a solicitor who has told me that referral fees are unlikely to be enforceable.

Back