can you bring your own cereal on holiday?

samanthajane

I'm off on my holiday in a few weeks, i'm heading to turkey.

I want to bring my own cereal, and i wont be able to get it in the local supermarket in turkey. I have a friend that lives where were going and he has checked for me.

Will i be able to pack my own in my suitcase?

thanks

Yep, you can bring most dried foods apart from meats and veggies and stuff like that.

wonderful thanks guys and girls.

I'm not usually this fussy but i've started a diet ( that i'm actually sticking to and is working ) and this cereal is the only thing i can eat that i like. Dont expect to lose much weight on holiday but dont want to come home having put loads on.

I have often brought those small multipack cereals on hols, I don't normally eat brekkie but they're great snacks, you're dead right.

Now all you need to find is nice milk!

You should have no problem bring the cereal. Also, if you do a few small things on hols, it's possible to still lose weight (I lost 5lbs on a 2 week holiday while I was doing WW's years ago). Without ruining your holiday, but by making abit of an effort, it's not too hard:
- most people tend to eat less in the heat
- make a point to do a few lenghts of the pool every hour
- lots of sightseeing (on foot)
- opt for sorbets rather than ice cream
- stick to spirits rather than beers
- walking the beach gives a better all round colour than turning on a sunbed
- find out what the local "worst offenders" are and avoid
- keep loads of fresh fruit in the fridge (if it's available)
- picture your self coming back refreshed, tanned (not too much!!) and slim

Enjoy the holiday - Turkey is lovely, but mind the sun...I got a terrible burn over there from just a few minutes in the sun.

there's no such thing as nice milk in turkey. the first time we went there we got some for the kids and they wern't impressed, ate dry cereal all whole time. I dont need milk for my cereal it's mixed with water ( watching the old calories here lol )

samh , a few of them i dont need to worry about like drinking and the ice cream. The main problem is going to be eating enough i'm on this 5 meals a day diet. I'm going to try a do a few walks first thing in the morning or swim when the pool is empty.

Beach?!? what part of turkey did you go to? Cause marmaris's idea of a beach is pebbles. Althought i did go to turtle island. Thats what i call a beach.

We were in Gumbet - yes, there were loads of pebbles, but I prefer pebble to sand as I'm like a maget to sand & end up covered in it. I'd walk the beach & the locals would call me the "White Lady"

"can you bring your own cereal on holiday?"

Yes, but won't your kids, your pals, or your partner be disappointed? :rolleyes:

Are you a cereal kidnapper, a cereal smuggler or a cereal killer?

Tesco , sell a carton of milk which does not go sour . It is on the organic shelves mostly .Does not have to be refridgerated .

It is called UHT (ultra heat treated ) and is long life .( has a cow on the front )

IMO , it tastes better than normal milk and is only 83 cent a carton.

Would be ideal for foreign holiday.

ps. not related to Tesco !

last year my mate tx from bulgaria for to send over 2 or 3 cartons of milk frozen from here with my daughter. her kids couldnt drink the milk in cereals in bulgaria. it worked no problem

what about phillideapha? I know it's got to be kept in the fridge but how long could it last. The storage part on the plane is very cold ( i'm going by a tv show so dont know how real that is ) so most of the journey it should be ok....shouldn't it.

Then it's only 2 hours to the hotel where i can put it in the fridge.

Is this just a bad idea??

Back