Can we have the old Ryanair website back?

BOXtheFOX

The new Ryanair website is up and running. Unfortunately at first glance it is not as good as the older website, for the customer that is. Previously you were able to click on "find lowest fares" and be shown a month of choices. On the new site you can only see two days before and two days after. Unless I am missing something?

What Ryanair say...
[broken link removed]

Ryanair.com Now Available

The new Ryanair.com is now up and running ahead of schedule, below are some of the new enhancements for customers:

The increased processing power of the new system will improve website speed, especially during peak booking periods.

The Flight Change facility is now available up to 4 hours prior to departure at discounted rates.

The Online Check-In period is extended to 5 days before travel - customers can now check-in for both flights at the same time.

The Online Check-in system has been simplified and is now available in 8 languages.

Priority Boarding, items of checked baggage, musical instrument and sports, equipment can be purchased online up to 4 hours
prior to flight departure at discounted rates.

Fares including non optional taxes, fees and charges are now displayed on the Flight Select page,

We have added a Manage My Booking section where customers can retrieve, review, change and add additional services to their booking at the online discounted rates.

there is improved website accessibility for vision impaired customers.

Many further website enhancements will be added over the coming months such as:

Dynamic packaging - the ability to create tailor made flight, car and hotel packages online.

The introduction of 3D Secure to further enhance payment security for customers.

Ryanair would like to thank all our customers for their patience during this transition period and we look forward to continuing to offer the lowest fares on our new improved website.

The Ryanair site is very slow today. As for finding lowest fares, if you select the "book now" option at the top of the home page and then tick "my travel dates are flexible" the fares for 6 days are displayed.
However I found the old system displayed more fare options.

Anyone know if the 1 million seat sale tomorrow is confined to UK as the site states 1p seats ?

Site very very slow today. Seems to be taking ages for the pages to turn. I hope this is only due to pressure on their site today......but then again I thought that was one of the reasons why they were upgrading their site to stop this type of thing happening.

I can see it now:

For a small fee you can now expedite Ryanair.com page refreshes:

20 seconds+ FREE!
10-20 seconds: €5
1-10 seconds: €10
Maybe I should pitch this one to Mick himself?

:)

Better break out the oul' wallet so - looks like the site (the bookings site, that it - homepage still active) has fallen over! BIIIIGGGG timeouts, etc.

Doh!
Error
An Error Has Occurred

An error condition exists which is preventing you from continuing. You may wish to start over and try again.
If you continue to get this error message, please contact the airline.

Additional details about the error:
[5104:WebGenericError] An error has occurred. Please try again. If the error persists, please contact the airline.
No doubt MickO will blame the DAA, minister, air traffic controllers, EU etc.

Geez! Am I the only one that thinks O'Leary is a superhero. Has everyone forgotten the 'good old days' when you paid two times the average weekly wage to fly return from Blighty? Ok, so you got a fairly decent breakfast on the early flights .......... and a bite and a drink on the later ones ...... and two full time ground hostesses at the exit/entry door and lots of 'final calls' if having a bit of a session in the departre lounge. But give me todays way of doing business any day. Just think how good and cheaper it would be without the extra security.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

How handy for ryan air when theyre selling cheap €10 flights

I thought they might improve the UI of the site as part of the upgrade but it is as tacky as ever. Have to say I'd be ashamed to have any responsibility/input into that site. And let's not start on it being php based, it's poor JavaScript, it's WAI compliance issues and it's poor localisation to name a few flaws.

Someone should tell then that they can have a decent looking site that is still performant.

I would have said "basic" but is this "tacky" look and feel not actually part of Ryanair's branding at this stage? I am not being facetious. Their website has a distinctive look and feel and people recognise it almost immediately. More so that more polished/professional looking sites. Just a thought....

I thought they might improve the UI of the site as part of the upgrade but it is as tacky as ever. Have to say I'd be ashamed to have any responsibility/input into that site. And let's not start on it being php based, it's poor JavaScript, it's WAI compliance issues and it's poor localisation to name a few flaws.

Someone should tell then that they can have a decent looking site that is still performant.

I assume you are a computer geek and like to talk in that funny speak beloved of 'techies' - can you translate the above jargon/acronyms into plain english for us mere mortals when you have a minute? Cheers.

I assume you are a computer geek and like to talk in that funny speak beloved of 'techies' - can you translate the above jargon/acronyms into plain english for us mere mortals when you have a minute? Cheers.
:D

I dont' know if it's just me but the new site is awfully slow - really terrible performance issues on it .. taking up to a minute between page loads in the booking process.

Also I thought that one of the points of this upgrade was to comply with regulatory requirements regarding displaying all inclusive pricing

Unless I'm missing something the (excruciatingly slow) booking engine still displays the fares in the same way as before ?

Back