Can I transfer money from BoI SAVINGS account to new payee?

dubdub123

Might sound like a ridiculous question but I would normally use a current account or revolut...

I have an old BoI savings account - can I make a one off transfer from this account to a new payee? I don't have bank details for them as yet so may be other bank rather than BoI. Thanks

I don't bank with BOI, so they may be different; but most banks don't allow direct debit or electronic transfers from savings accounts.

Might sound like a ridiculous question but I would normally use a current account or revolut...

I have an old BoI savings account - can I make a one off transfer from this account to a new payee? I don't have bank details for them as yet so may be other bank rather than BoI. Thanks
This seems to be possible from the BOI Android application. I set up a payment just now up to the point where you click ok to send (but didn't pull the trigger). Was able to select either current account or savings account to transfer from.

You'll have to add/register the new payee to one/any of your BOI accounts. It doesn't matter if the payee is with BOI or another bank as long as you have the name, bank, IBAN etc. Once registered you can pay from any account you have with BOI that are all connected in the one portal on banking 365 - there's a €10000 daily transfer limit on most personal accounts.

Back