Can i get tax back from maternity leave time

CD2005

Hi,
Sorry didn't know how to phrase this.

I was paid by my employer during my maternity leave as usual and had all my SW cheques sent directly to them. My P60 didn't show any payment for maternity benefit, just my full salary as normal.
As maternity benefit is not taxable am i entitled to any tax refund? Or is this just being cheeky???

Don't think it's cheeky - you are presumably entitled to the tax and PRSI (might have to claim the latter back separately) back. I presume that if you do a [broken link removed] return for the year clarifying what income was non taxable MB and what was normal taxable PAYE income it might do the trick?

I seem to recall this specific issue arising on AAM a good while ago but cannot find the thread and it may no longer exist.

I was also paid by my employer and transferred MB to company bank account on a weekly basis. On my payslips - the maternity benefit was treated separate to salary - i.e. non taxable. You would be entitled to claim it back ... and it should add up to quite a bit. I'm sure you have lots to spend it on!

Back