can i collect jb from 2008?

paperclip

hi, i took a year off work in 2008. didn't sign on. i had more than enough stamps to qualify for jb. i wasn't aware that i could collect my jb in another eu country for 3 months.

i'm on a career break at the moment, and looking to move into the hospitality field.

I'd like to do this now, but, i'm short a couple of weeks stamps in 2008, so doesn't look like they'll give me this option.

can i claim for 2008, when i was eligible?

cheers

Very unlikely that they would backdate a claim at this stage but you could try. Why did you not sign? Why mention transferring JB abroad? did you emigrate? Can you prove you were in the country? evidence of looking for and available for work? These are questions that they will ask you as it would be very difficult to decide in hindsight if you fulfilled the conditions for JB considering you did not sign on every 4 weeks like other claimants or be subjct to checks like them.
Ont he other side, if you are unemplyed and fulfil the conditions now, you have the option of JA, whcih is means tested.

Very unlikely that they would backdate a claim at this stage but you could try. Why did you not sign? Why mention transferring JB abroad? did you emigrate? Can you prove you were in the country? evidence of looking for and available for work? These are questions that they will ask you as it would be very difficult to decide in hindsight if you fulfilled the conditions for JB considering you did not sign on every 4 weeks like other claimants or be subjct to checks like them.
Ont he other side, if you are unemplyed and fulfil the conditions now, you have the option of JA, whcih is means tested.

thanks welfarite... i was looking for work while traveling, picked up the odd job, cash in hand.

if i had of known about the 3 month jb abroad option, i would have taken it.

the thing is, i could really do with this benefit now... i guess i can just ring em.

ja is of no interest to me, as i'm traveling, and would like to find work in another country.... can't get ja abroad.

Back