Can he claim his PRSI unmeanstested?

P

propman11

My husband has worked and paid prsi for 10years or more. for the past 2 years we lived in london (the common travel area) and moved home just before christmas. He hasnt been given any of his 'stamps' as of yet and we are hearing a lot of conflicting views on whether he should get them. I am employed but earning early 20k's and we have a baby boy. I thought he would be entitled to claim his 'stamps' for up to a year as he has paid them up and therefore they shouldnt be meanstested. Am I wrong?

Your husband has had no PRSI contributions in Ireland in the past 2 years (which is, in the main, what counts for Jobseeker's Benefit payment).

Check out the sticky post at the top of this forum for qualifying information on Jobseekers Benefit payments.

Your husband should be able to use his stamps from England (or indeed any other EU country), but for him to claim Jobseekers Benefit (JB) in Ireland he first has to have had at least one paid PRSI contribution here. Once he has though, he should be able to aggregate his stamps and receive JB, provided of course he meets the other criteria.

Back