Can company reduce my pay

D

doublesta

I was in the position of supervisor within a company and i got demoted,there was a payment of 4,000 euro on top of my basic for the supervisor position,can the company reduce my pay now that they have demoted me, and is there any industrial law which protects me from this...
A quick response on this one would be great....

I would imagine that the pay cut goes with the demotion as would the pay rise with the promotion.
There may be an issue around the reason for demotion - was it that the position was no longer in need, was it a temporary measure when you took the post and had you been told this or was it as a result of poor performance or discipline issues.

It was the result of a discipline issue,i was told once the company had increased your salary to the new amount that they cannot reduce it,do you know is there any industrial act covering this.

Was the money being paid in an 'acting up allowance'? If so and you have reverted back to your previous role it may be fair.

Do you have a contract of employment? Are you employed in the Republic of Ireland? Are you a member of a Trade Union?

Back