Camping in France

johnboyglynn

We holidayed in french camp sites for last couple of years and love it. booked campsite Chateaux des Ormes this year as near ferry and we have new baby. Olders kids 8 and 7. I am a bit worried as I here this site is orientated towards teenagers. Has anyone any experience of this site.

We stayed there June 2007 ( 2 kids 6 & 4yrs ) and thought it was a great site. We couldn't fault it in any way but cant say what it would be like in July or August.

Stayed at this site in August when family were young (youngest 19 now) so would be six years ago. Beautiful site, very big and yes it is very geared towards teenagers and it was really busy. We have been camping in France sixteen times over the years and have such brilliant memories of those hols, now we are going on hotel and apartment hols and it just doesn't feel the same, savour these hols, just wish I could turn back the clock.

It's a well run site with lots of activities for everybody. Our kids were 4 & 8years when we were there and they really enjoyed it. There was a "BigTop" for shows which was geared towards the younger ones. Supervised tree climbing, kids club etc etc. I think it's ideal for all ages. It does get very busy peak season.

Thanks for comments sounds great. I agree camping hols are fantastic incl ferry campsite etc. We hope to do this for many a year to com.

Back