Camping holiday in Barcelona or Algarve

gilboy

Hi

Trying to get away with 2 kids(both < 3 years) for the end of August and would love to get a self contained bungalow/cabin in a lively family campsite.

Ideally hoping to get something close to Barcelona or Algarve as can flight to both of these locations.

Thanks in advance

Very expensive at that time of year. Why not get ferry to France and stay somewhere in Brittany or the North coast of France? With 2 children so young you needs lotsa stuff for them which you will pay for in baggage terms on a flight, plus the waiting around at airports at both ends. Plus, when you get there, you can drive to nearest Lidl/Aldi or maybe LeClerc store and stock up for the holiday with stuff you know the children will eat, at a reasonable cost. Also, you can fill the boot with wine on the way home!

El delfin verde

El Delfin verde is a campsite on the costa brava, 40mins approx drive from girona airport. Its on the beach, has kids clubs and had accomodation to suit most people - mobile homes, cabins, villas all with or without air conditioning. I've been there with young kids and found it great. I'd recommend hiring a car though, to see the towns nearby.

Does it have to be end of August? If you can push it to the beginning of Sept, prices will drop significantly. If you check out Thomson al Fresco.co.uk, you can check out all their sites for that are. Sangul and Cambrils come highly recommended, both of which are a about 10 k from Reus airport, and do not require hire car. Taxi is about 30E each way.
But you will get a two bed chalet/mobile with either of these for about 400/500 in Sept. You can also check these sites out directly, Sangui and Cambrils are sister sites, you can check price and availability for either of them on the same site. I will see if i can find a link.
Yours are not of school going age, and tbh, if at all possible, take advantage of this while you still can.
Prices for the school holiday period will hurt your brain when the time comes. HTH.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I don’t know any campsites in Barcelona and when I was there stayed in a centrally located hotel. I think if you go somewhat further from Barcelona then you will come across nice beaches and may be you can find some campsites. But I think it is best to stay in a reasonably priced hotel and rent a car for 2-3 days for some excursions near Barcelona. You can try renting car from reputed companies like [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]bestspaincarrental [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and hertz.[/FONT]

Sangul and Cambrils come highly recommended, both of which are a about 10 k from Reus airport

Cambrils is not 'close' to Barcelona, especially with 2 young children. Train time is, IIRC, at least one hour each way.

Apart from that, Cambrils is a lovely spot.

As other posters have said, going after August is better with kids not yet in school.

Mas Sant Josep looks about as near to Barcelona as Sangul, i.e. not very. Sangul is about 100km from Barcelona.

Sangul is also close to Port Aventura which is a plus. Sangul is also close to Salou with is, IMHO, a significant minus.

Seeing as the OP posted 'Ideally hoping to get something close to Barcelona or Algarve as can flight to both of these locations', neither of those 2 sites match that requirement.

Thanks very much for all the feedback. We are thinking of going for Sangul or Cambrils. Just wondering if anyone would recommend one over the other.

Also - we are planning on going early September. I am a little concerned the place will be like a ghost town. Anyone being there at that time?

BTW - we are actually flying to Reus so its very close which is excellent
Thanks again

I have stayed at Cambrils Park (sister park to Sanguli) & it is lovely.

Spotlessly clean & the bungalows they rent are fab. The facilities on site are great, the only smally downside is that there is not too much within walking distance, you would have to drive or take the bus up to Cambrils or Salou (Salou is not great), you can also go into Reus (lovely little town.)

It suited us when the kids were small as we didn't really want to drag them about, pretty much all we needed was on-site. Kids would spend the whole day in the pool with the slides....they also had some kids clubs.
Plenty entertainment at night. It was a great spot - did about 3 hols there.

Septemebr would be lovely, not too busy & not too quiet !!

You can get passes for Porta Ventura (check out Keith Prowse)

LINKIE: [broken link removed]

Back