Camper Van hire for Electric Picnic

G2007

Hi, I was let down on a camper van for Electric Picnic weekend, 29th August, 3 nights. Ireland seems to be completely out of these for rent.. Any suggestions as to who might have one or cancellations?

Many thanks

Sorry to say .. but NOT a chance!
These are all booked up nearly a year before the Picnic and there isn't one to be had for the weekend in our fair Isle. I know.. because I spent a month looking!

Try the North maybe, you drive up and collect and go to the festival? Failing that, your other option is to 'Rent-a-Van' , pop a few mattress in the back and bring a camping stove. Not quite the same comfort but still an option.

If you decide not to use your campervan ticket and hike it in the fields, there is a forum for buying and selling tickets on www.electricpicnic.ie
There are a few people with campers booked but NO ticket - you may be able to come to some arrangement with them?!

Another, but slightly off the wall idea that MAY be worth considering is this..
check out ads for campervans for sale. Be honest and admit that you cant get one for the festival (no point in lying). Offer the seller 600e (or whatever) for hire of it for the weekend, usual terms and conditions etc etc. Draw up sometype of agreement and list the condition of the van and contents of course.

You never know.. someone somewhere might prefer to make a bit of handy cash rather than have it sitting idle in the driveway!

Failing that, your other option is to 'Rent-a-Van' , pop a few mattress in the back and bring a camping stove. Not quite the same comfort but still an option.

I don't think this would work. It has to be a 'proper' campervan (with built in kitchen/toilet) to get on the site. I think they are quite strict on this.

[broken link removed]

OP, I'm afraid you will be hard pushed to get one at this stage.

Would you consider hiring a caravan? Not as handy as campervan but alot more comfy than a tent.. especially with the weather we've been having.
People often have caravans just sitting there and they might let you hire it..It would probably be handy to know someone with one as strangers would be concerned about condition of caravan.

Back