Camcorders.. Which one to buy?

Armada

Hi All,

I am currently looking to buy a Camcorder. I think I have narrowed down my search to either a Flash/pocket one which takes memory cards or a HDD(hard drive) one.

Can anyone please recommend one to me?

The following is my main criteria..

1. Easy to use
2. Small and lightweight,
3. Good picture quality
4. Not too expensive.

It will mainly be used for holidays etc.. so it will probably end up like previous ones in a drawer after the initial novelty of using it has worn off :D hence I don't want to pay too much for it €300-400 ish.

All other threads are quite dated on camcorders so up to date opinions will be appreciated.

hi i recently bought a panasonic SDR 26 it takes a card. i bought it in uk £250 , im very pleased with it enough to spend as what you say is true it ends up in the drawer !! my brother in law bought a hard drive one a year ago which was good but he let it fall and it will cost a fortune to recover what was on hard drive .. so i think card is best Ttree

Bought a Panasonic SRS15 in Power city for €189.00 Excellent picture quality and so simple to use.

Thanks Guys,

I am actually going to the UK this weekend so I will possibly look at buying it there.

Would I be better buying it in the UK side duty free?

The following is my main criteria..

1. Easy to use
2. Small and lightweight,
3. Good picture quality
4. Not too expensive.

I don't have one but I like the idea of [broken link removed], specifically the Ultra HD model.

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of competitor products, but you might ask yourself 'how many of those filters/effect/etc. am I ever going use ?'.

My interest in it was prompted by this article. It's kind of like to the camcorder what a netbook is to a laptop. Would seem to meet the criteria you've stated.

I don't have one but I like the idea of [broken link removed], specifically the Ultra HD model.

It doesn't have the bells and whistles of competitor products, but you might ask yourself 'how many of those filters/effect/etc. am I ever going use ?'.

My interest in it was prompted by this article. It's kind of like to the camcorder what a netbook is to a laptop. Would seem to meet the criteria you've stated.

Exactly what I am looking for! With technology changing so fast it will probably be obsolete in no time anyway. Thats why I am not buying "the bells and whistles" camcorder.... it would be different if it got a lot of use.

Hi Jessops (UK chain on most High Streets) had a 60 GB Sony Handycam for £249 in August.Simple to use no tapes. or wires and up to 45 hrs recording time.Price in ROI around 400 Euro.

I have a Sony camcorder and am a real Sony fan but my daughter has the Flip and I find it fascinating, a real little gem. If you want something just for playing around with, that's small, portable, fits in a pocket and still gives good results this is for you. Just plug it in directly to your laptop and transfer. Simple. Great for kids, holidays etc. Doesn't cost a leg and an arm either.

Back