C2 Registration - How do I go about it?

gocall01

Probably not in the correct forum, please move as you see fit.

I am trying to register for a C2 so I can deal with builders etc.
I have not been able to get hold of any one at the tax offices.
Revenue.ie is not giving me the information I require (or maybe I am not looking for it properly).

So, I am wondering if there is anyone on line here who can step by step me through it.
If I need to give further information, just let me know.

Thanks,
:)

ClubMan's post gives you all the forms you need to apply. On a practical note, it would be a good idea to read through one or both of

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

to familiarise yourself with the day-to-day Revenue issues of being a sub-contractor in construction.

Remember, you will need an contract to get the C2 initially, Revenue do not give them out "on spec" as it were.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks Graham.
This looks like it will lead me in the right direction.

I have supplied raw materials and subcontracted in fitters but have no written contract, I know the developer.
Do I need a formal contract to proceed with a C2 registration?

Thanks Graham.
This looks like it will lead me in the right direction.

I have supplied raw materials and subcontracted in fitters but have no written contract, I know the developer.
Do I need a formal contract to proceed with a C2 registration?

Once you are supplying materials as well as labour thats considered ok for C2 purposes. I have found that Revenue will accept a letter from the principal contractor setting out the deal with you to be ok is a formal contract isn't in place. ( where you are working, what you are doing, what value materials/labour in the deal, how long it's to last etc. ) Those details also go on the application form I believe and Revenue do often contact the principal contractor to ensure its a genuine agreement between you. Once you have this done you don't need it for C2 renewals, just the first time only.

You will also stand a better chance of getting a C2 if you can show a history of having had 35% tax deducted from a number of principal contractors for a few months.

Back