Buying from Dell worth it What are they Like ?

landlord said:
Dells online (Ireland) prices dont make any sense.......
I am looking for a value notebook, so I clicked on the link below
http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/nb_essentials?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs
It says prices starting at 479.When you press select in green underneath it then gives three notebooks, the cheapest of which is 539. If you press on customize and buy the price jumps again to 672…….
I phoned them for assistance 2 days ago and the salesman agreed that something wasn’t right and promised to call me back in 10 minutes, since I wanted to buy there and then. Its been 2 days and no one has called me back!!!! I do have the salespersons name , for all the good that will do.

This is because the lesser price of 479 is with a 1 year collect and return. When you actually customise it you will notice that the 3 year guarantee is ticked for 539. Once you tick back on the one year collect and return it will recalculate back to the 479 price.

I purchased one of these value laptops last week and had it delivered last Thursday. Included was a wireless card, cd/dvd rewriter(?) and free printer and the total worked out at €605. (I got speakers and long life batteries as extras)

This weeks offer does not appear to have the wireless card or cd/dvd rewriter but has additional memory that mine does not have.

It was ordered on Sunday and arrived on Thursday by Interlink, and so far I am very pleased with it. The only thing I will say is that the print quality of the Inkjet printer is not brilliant (although it is in colour) and I believe the ink cartridges are very expensive and can only be purchased through Dell. I dont do much printing at home and it suits me. My partners laptop has a far better screen resolution (he paid something like €1600 last year), but his did not come with the CD/DVD writer.

If you are ordering from Dell, dont order off the web, ring them. Apparently they have over 10% to play with...

Placed order on the web 2 weeks ago, selected PTSB loan as option. Got one email telling me my internet receipt, and since then nothing. Since then have made 6 emails (2 responses), 3 phone calls (only got through twice) all to no avail. Customer Service is extremely poor, seems to be a big problem in telling you what exactly is happening. Problem with Dell is that there are a lot of black holes for your problem to vanish into, once the order is made. The outlet is dead cheap alright, but heaven help you if you've any problems.

I'd go with Marx, bought a few bits off them about 5 years ago, very happy with them. For somebody who hasn't a lot of confidence it might be better to pay a little more to speak face to face to somebody (I found it very difficult to understand the Indian guys in Dell customer care).

At this point I'm just assuming that my order has vanished into this black hole so bye bye Dell, never again. Instead will be clearing the credit card off a bit and buying from somebody else.

Back