Buying Discount Designer Eye Glasses over Net

What qualifies a pair of glasses as being 'Designer' ? Surely a pair of glasses was designed by some designer ?

Is there a particular brand you're looking for ?

hi,

Have used http://www.giarre.com on one occasion recently and saved €75 on €180(as per Sunglasses Hut) pair of sunglasses. They are based in Italy and P&P was excellent. I would have no hesitation recommending based on my experience. No affiliation!

Maddad

You get a printed prescription from your Optician and input the details - the spex4less site explains it clearly.

I would like to know - how can you possibly order glasses over the net from another country without firstly trying them on to ensure you are happy with the result. I wear glasses for reading and when I need a new prescription, I end up trying on so many pairs (designer included) before I decide which ones I want.

I would like to know - how can you possibly order glasses over the net from another country without firstly trying them on to ensure you are happy with the result. I wear glasses for reading and when I need a new prescription, I end up trying on so many pairs (designer included) before I decide which ones I want.

You find a pair you like in an opticians and then buy the same pair online at a lower price.;)

What about the different glass coatings you can get here, can you also get them online? e.g. Specsavers do an ultra clear coating which cuts down on glare - do either spex4less.com or vision2u.co.uk have coating options?

If I was to find a pair that I liked in my local opticians, is it the code along the glasses arm that I'd need to get the same pair online?
Are there any other pros/cons that I should consider?

I've checked with VHI and apparently they will give me money back (part of my policy) on glasses whether I buy in Ireland or online, so that's good news.

I seem to recall having difficulty trying to get my prescription from specsavers before - are they obliged to give it to me?

Back