Buying App for second phone?Credit Card problem.

Vanilla

I would like to buy an App for a second phone in the house- but my credit card is already linked to a different phone number, so when I go to buy the app on the second phone, and I insert my CCard details, it won't allow me to proceed, saying that the phone number is wrong for that CCard- is there anyway around this? The app only gives me the option to pay by CCard.

Has anyone a way around this?

Surely someone should set up an App to buy gift Apps for other phones! For example I want to give someone else an App as a gift, I buy it on my phone but put in the phone number of the recipient, they then get a text asking if they want to accept this gift App?

I see what you mean but you can buy gift tokens for iTunes which I presume is the way around this issue.

Okay, brilliant, that sounds good- I already have an iTunes account on first phone- so how does that work? Second phone is just an android- does it matter?

Sorry I haven't a clue how to do it

I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of ads around Christmas advertising it

Okay, brilliant, that sounds good- I already have an iTunes account on first phone- so how does that work? Second phone is just an android- does it matter?

Apple apps are not compatable on android, so it won't work.

You can gift apps for other compatable apple devices. In the app store on your iphone, select the app you want to gift, scroll down to the bottom of their info page and you'll see an option to gift the app.

when I go to buy the app on the second phone, and I insert my CCard details, it won't allow me to proceed, saying that the phone number is wrong for that CCard

I'm not sure you've diagnosed the problem correctly.

You have an Android phone you want to buy an application on. How exactly are you trying to buy the app? What EXACT error message are you getting?

I put in my CC number and then it asks for card holder name- so I put in the name and it says- wrong phone number.

OK but from the home screen on the Android phone, can you summarise all the steps you are going through to get to the error message about "wrong phone number"?

I can't think of anything that generally prevents you using the same credit card to buy apps separately on an Apple and Android phone.

So your problem is either specific to this app and the way you are trying to purchase it, or it's not the problem you think it is, and may have an easy solution.

Thanks Mugsgame, I ran through it again to post here:

Go to purchase app, add card, screen comes up with 'Enter details about the credit card you want to use with Google Wallet'.

Box with card number, so I enter number. Then box with expiry date and CVC number, so I enter those.

Then box with Card holder name, so I enter it. Box comes up with option to save or cancel details- if I cancel all details are wiped and I have to start again.When I click save an exclamation mark appears at the end of the box with cardholder name and a pop up box appears from it with 'Invalid phone number' written in it.

There are more details to be filled in further down the form including a box for phone number but I have tried pre-filling those before the card holder name too but that doesn't work either ( tried both phone numbers).

I don't think this problem has anything to do with the first phone. It sounds like a problem with the Google Wallet account setup.

Agree with Fatphrog, this is something to do with with the Google acount setup. The Apple phone is irrelevant. The default phone number on your Google account may be invalid, or Google Wallet may not be happy with the number it is reading from the phone.

Probably easiest to resolve using a computer rather than the phone
- Note the Google account username and password the Android phone is using
- Visit http://wallet.google.com from a computer
- Login with the phone's Google account details
- Click on Payment Methods on the left
- Check the card isn't already listed
- If it's not listed, click NEW CARD
- Add the card details, hopefully without any problems

Now you should be able to go to the Android Market on the phone and buy the app. Or visit http://market.android.com on a computer, buy the app there, and send it to the phone.

Mugsgame and Fatphrog, thanks very much for your help. You were both right and Mugsgame, thanks for the steer, I went onto the Google wallet link and added the credit card and was immediately able to buy the App. Appreciate the help.

Back