Buying a fridge freezer in N Ireland

Effie

I'm in the process of getting a new fridge freezer.

I found this website in N Ireland and am wondering has anyone got anything from them and did they have any issues?

Its www.samsyerman.co.uk .

The same appliance as I'm interested in buying in both DID and Powercity would cost me €474.95 + 25 delivery whereas with this crowd it's £360 including delivery but I'd have to bring the old one to be recycled myself. I'd still save myself about a €100, a considerable amount of money but I am a bit wary of buying from a crowd I've never even heard of before.

Feedback from anyone re this crowd would be much appreciated.

Hi Effie,

no association and have never used samsyerman but he's well known in the north for being very competitive and i haven't heard a bad word said about them, i doubt you'll find anyone cheaper in NI from what others have said.

Cant comment on them, but purchased some appliances from seamus watters in newry last september after having them recommended on here.

Found them very competitive, delivered for free and excellent aftersales service including staying on the phone for 30 minutes one day and sending a replacement part for free after I damaged a part trying to fit it myself to an oven. :eek: I blame the tools.

Prices were at least 20% lower than any shop in ROI we had contacted for like for like make and models.

google for contact info.

I bought all of my kitchen appliances from samsyerman, 6/8 weeks ago. Prices were crazy compared with down South, the only product they couldn't match down here was an integrated larder fridge.... I bought a 110 rangemaster, larder freezer, wash mach, tumble drier and int dishwasher. Delivery was on time and they were a pleasure to deal with.

My only complaint is that if I'd been able to wait 4 weeks the exchange rate would have saved me another 8%.... Even at that I guess I saved over 20% if not close to 30% compared to local prices.

I even went into the cheapest supplier in Portlaoise and explained to them that the exact same rangemaster they were selling for €3k I was getting for £1,550 incl delivery (€1,800).... They came back to me with a new price of €2,465... The store was still 27% more expnsive even after giving an 18% reduction! The store in Portlaoise was where I bought the int larder fridge and they messed up the delivery twice!!! The 160 mile delivery was easy and the 6 mile delivery took 3 attempts!

Thanks folks, I

'll try your Newry contact in the morning and let you know how get on.

I'm just a tad concerned that should anything go wrong, if there is any issue with warranty or is the whole island covered? Last thing I'd need is to have to ask for a serviceman come south to fix a problem or to have to pay the carriage to send the item back up north for assessing?

Make sure you are covered by warranty as I did hear someone on radio 1 this morning mention that warranties are often confined to the country they are sold in.

Thanks Car and Becky, rang Seamus this morning. He was v helpful to say the least.

He will do it including taking the old one away for €390. That saves me €110 on what I'd have to pay up down here for the same item including delivery and removal of the old fridge freezer!!! No wonder people are going North for better value!

Warranty covers the whole island so that is a relief and they do deliveries on a Saturday so hopefully I'll be up and running by this Saturday evening.

Will let you know how I get on. Thanks also to everyone who put in replies.

Update re fridge freezer !

Fridge freezer is as good as anticipated. Seamus and the firm were very good in sorting out some issues in regard to getting the item to me. Seemingly, when they went to collect the freezer, it wasn't in the warehouse there even though it appeared to be so on their computer, and they offered my money back if I wanted . Anyway, they said that a new delivery was due in the following Thursday and by 0940, the day following delivery to them, I had my new fridge freezer!!

Seemingly , the delivery lads there start work at 0730 am ( can't imaging many delivery lads this side of the border being willing to start quite so early!!) and they took away all the packaging materials as well as the old fridge freezer to boot.

I'd certainly use them again . Hope this helps other people decide where to look for value for money.

Thanks again everyone for all the answers I got when posting this issue.

I can't seem to find contact details for Seamus Watters - can anyone post or help me out?

Thanks.

Google "Seamus Watters Newry" and the contact details are there! I don't think they have a website.

Back