Buyers Agent

bambam

Has anyone used a buyers agent? How have you found the experience.

We were wondering if the fee is charged on the sale price of the house - and wondering where their motivation is to get the best deal. Or if the fee is charged on the 'saving' they get between asking and sale price, which presumably would lead to harder negotiation.

Thanks.

Never heard of one being used in Ireland, do they exist?

Its a good idea - and widely used across the states. Commission is split between the two agents on any sale, so effectively its the same cost, although i believe the rate to be higher in the US. (of course the agents in the US are professionals and give a very good service)

Thanks for the reply. There are a couple of them, but found a thread on property pin which didn't come out strongly in their favour.

Thanks again

There's definitely one based in the North Dublin area. I saw a sign recently for them.

The only way of finding out their fee would be to ask them.

I'm assuming that their fee structure would be either (a) a fixed price for finding and acquiring you a particular type of house in a certain location or (b) a percentage of the purchase price paid for the house.

Rates are WAY higher in the US so there they split the commission between the agents. I'd be very surprised if it worked out that way in Ireland as I'd be more familiar with the fee structure above from certain estate agents in Dublin.

HTH

And no doubt, Tristen, you have absolutely no connection to a professional buyer's agency:rolleyes:

Back