Buy Laptop at 0% finance?

Jamjam

Is there anywhere in Ireland that allows you to purchase a laptop with 0% finance. A friend of mine told me you can but I don't believe her....anyone have updates???

I bought one a few years ago at 0% finance in the now defunct Compustore. Beware the small print or you could find yourself paying interest rates that would make your eyes water for around 2 years. It suited me fine, I paid off the cost of the laptop over 12 months, with no interest.

Some will argue that there is a finance cost built into the price you actually pay, even if it is not stated separately.

Many places have interest free deals.

I don't know if they still do but Dixons used to do 0% interest deals but as CCovich mentions watch the fine print. Theirs was 0% for 12 months with low monthly payments and then a balloon payment at the end for the outstanding balance. If you missed or were unable to make the balloon payment it reverted to a 4 year loan at an APR of 29% which was retroactive to the first year aswell.

I don't know if they still do but Dixons used to do 0% interest deals but as CCovich mentions watch the fine print. Theirs was 0% for 12 months with low monthly payments and then a balloon payment at the end for the outstanding balance. If you missed or were unable to make the balloon payment it reverted to a 4 year loan at an APR of 29% which was retroactive to the first year aswell.

When I took out finance from Compustore, through Friends First, I was able to pay whatever I liked over and above the regular DD every month. So rather than make the small monthly payments (c. €33 per month), I took the total cost and paid it equally over 12 months, i.e. €33 by DD and €160 by cheque. I made sure I got written confirmation that I had repaid the loan in full by the due date and no interest would be charged so there would be no arguments.

Does anyone have the website for compustore ireland? I have tried searching for it and can't find it!

I bought one a few years ago at 0% finance in the now defunct Compustore. Beware the small print or you could find yourself paying interest rates that would make your eyes water for around 2 years. It suited me fine, I paid off the cost of the laptop over 12 months, with no interest.

Some will argue that there is a finance cost built into the price you actually pay, even if it is not stated separately.

Many places have interest free deals.

Many places?? Can anyone be more specific?? Can't check Dixons online at the mo and as stated compustore is defunct!

Hi,

Was shopping at the weekend in Limerick. I definitely saw 0% finance on any purchase over €250 i think but dont quote me.

It was either dixons, PC World or Dell online. Hope thats of some help to you!

Hi,

Was shopping at the weekend in Limerick. I definitely saw 0% finance on any purchase over €250 i think but dont quote me.

It was either dixons, PC World or Dell online. Hope thats of some help to you!

Dixons and PC World probably do the same or similar deals as both are owned by the same company.

I assume you saw the Dell offer online or in a paper?

I think currys are part of the same group as well. I saw the Dell offer in a newspaper. Usually their finance rate is 22.9% APR which i wouldnt touch with a barge poll....

Just bought a laptop from Currys in Liffey Valley 2weeks ago with 12mths interest free. Have set up DD with the finance company to pay off before 12mths expires.

as above posts state, be sure to pay it off b4 the 12mth interest free option expires as they will hit you with a high APR

Harvey Normans are currently doing an 18 month interest free option on electrical purchases over €200. Not sure how long it is due to last.

Back